Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
High Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase, not celiac???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase, not celiac???

I was in the hospital for a very low phosporus (1.0) and low potassium (3.0).   My doctor took a celiac panel blood test and I had an anti-tissue transglutaminase of 107.  A small bowel biopsy was normal.  Two months later, my anti-tissue transglutaminase level shot up to >300.  Does anyone have any idea what this could mean?  My PMD and GI MD are at a loss.  The GI doc said he's baffled as there is such a high correlation between anti-ttg and celiac.  I don't know what to do next.....

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks!