Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
My Doctor Advice To Avoid Wheat From Diet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

My Fiance has some problem. she has vomiting, Cold & stomach pain problem,, after endoscopy and blood test doctors says please ignore wheat from diet for 2-3 years... in blood test 15% negative report shown
please tell me.. how to solve this problem...
and it will be solve or not
Tags: allergy from wheat, celiac, disease
Celiac Disease or Gluten intolerance should be taken seriously. She should avoid wheat Gluten. Many foods other than breads, pasta and cereal contain wheat, such as Soy Sauce, Licorice and even beer. There are many Gluten free foods that taste good. The good news is that in some people the intestinal lining will heal and she may be able to return to a normal diet after many months. In others they will need to be on a Gluten Free diet forever.
she is eating wheat free food & as per doctor she is taking a tablet daily before breakfast....
she is taking wheat free food from last one month approximately
but some time she feel pain in stomach...
if u able to view a blood report then plz give me ur mail id i will send u blood report..
and kindly suggest me... type of gluten free diet
for recover as soon as possible.....
If she has gluten sensitivity, she will not only have to avoid wheat, but rye and barley as well. Those 3 all have 'gluten' as a component. Any diet that takes all three out should be fine for her to eat. It can take over a year for many to start to really feel better if they are gluten-sensitive.
yesterday her doctor says it a permanent problem..
please suggest me something
like medicine and any thing else....
is it solve or not????????
Besides going gluten free-- I recommend that she gets her iron checked (needs to be about 50 so do not take it is in range as the range starts at 10), vitamin B12 (this needs to be near 1000 so don't take this is in range because the range starts at 250 and my friends neurologist said that she has see neurological problems from people with B12 in the 500's ranges. Also get her Vit D checked my doctor likes this near 60 so this is another that you do not want to go by the ranges because the range starts at 32((I have to take 4000iu/day). Get these checked and get the actual results. These three main nutrients can be low in people with Celiacs. I also take some magnesium and calcium (the brand Country Life is gluten free and you can get it on Vitacost) You might want to also check into Vit K as this is produced in the gut so it might be low (there is no standard test for it yet) but a good brand is NOW-- if she can have alfalfa because that is the main source it uses for its K.

I hope this helps,
achilles2

PS You might want to find a good probiotic-- one is Florjen 3 and to get her prebiotics (food for the probiotics) she can eat bananas.
The only way to handle the problem is to take all wheat, rye and barley out of her diet. There is no medication for this problem.
Hello there,
I am advising you to go to this website for information on eating gluten free:  http://www.celiaccentral.org/Celiac-Disease/Celiac-Symptoms/32/ This will be lifelong process of eliminating all gluten from your fiance life. Take it day by day because there is no current medication for Celiac Disease.  My advice is to get her to see a Naturopathic Doctor or Holistic Nutritionist for advice on how to eat properly and supplements which can help her stomach cramps and pain.  Good luck to you and while it may seem troublesome at first, there is much help today compared to 10 years ago when I was diagnosed.