Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Need labwork transalation--celic in 3 yo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

My son is 3.5. I have suspected a gluten intollerance for some time now. removing gluten from our household would prove to be difficult (as I have another child who refuses to eat pretty much anything but whole grains...and she is very underweight). Therefore, I've been pursuing bloodwork throughout time for a more clear diagnosis prior to removing the gluten. Please laugh now. You all probably know that it's rare to get a clear diagnosis for celiac. I'm figuring that out now! My SIL has celiac, diagnosed when she was an adult. (Son's paternal aunt.)

I finally obtained some of his labwork results. The doctor is very protective of this info, so I don't have all of it. Here are some results. Perhaps someone can help with the Gliadin Ab IgG value...

Gliadin Ab, IgA <3
Gliadin Ab, IgG 11 (marked as High)
   Reference Range for both:
   Negative: 17
Celiac Disease Panel
tTG Ab, IgA <3
   Reference Range:
   Negative: 8
IgA Serum was 62 (Reference Range: 24-121)

Oh, and my son has an IgG3 deficiency as well. All his other Ig values have been relatively normal, but his IgG3 value is 4 (with a reference for him of 19-85). Also has chronic (but controlled) eczema, as well as chronic sinus infections, 3 sets of ear tubes, and EXCESSIVE saliva to the point where sometimes it interferes with his speech.
Somehow, the reference ranges did not come out properly in my original post. I'll try it again.

For the Gliadin Ab IgA and IgG, the reference range is as follows: 17 is Positive.

For the CD Panel, the reference range is as follows: 8 is Positive.