Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
anti tissue transglutaminase blood test level high

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Just curious as to what my blood test level means.  I had the anti-tissue transglutaminase blood test and it says the level should be less than 10.3.  Mine was 95.0.  I also had a pill capsule test which showed signs of flattening of the villi.  Not sure what the doctor's next step will be and what the 95.0 test result is telling me. Is this diagnostic of celiac disease or do I still need a biopsy?  Thanks
This is very suggestive of celiac disease. It might be a very good idea to talk with your doc about starting a gluten-free diet.
Thanks for the response.  I plan to talk with my doctor but he hasn't contacted me yet about the results.  I have been sick for many years now and have quite a few non-specific problems.  A lot of autonomic dysfunction which I have read can be caused by this disease.  I'm just hoping for a diagnosis.
Hello, I was recently told I was very anemic and had an iron deficiency. I was put on iron 3 times a day for 6 months. I now have my iron at a normal level but I was told my anti tissue transglutaminase blood test was at 65. He said this was high and pointed to celiac disease. I am in shock because I have zero symptoms of celiac disease and no one in my family has this......Does anyone know if a 65 means most likely I have celiac??
No one in my family had it either...just me, so far.  They found my vitamin d level is less than 4....can't seem to get it to come back to normal even with 50,000 units weekly.  You need to find a good doctor if they confirm you have this and make sure they check all your vitamin levels...I know it is hard to accept....but it is not real bad either.  Most people feel better very soon after they go gluten free.  I've been on it since October with no change....I've been told it can take a while.  Hang in there.  Regarding the 65 blood test....that is pretty suggestive of celiac.  Mine was 95 and when they did the biopsy it showed a lot of damage.
Tissue Transglutaminase IgA 7 neg/10 positive...../0.3

TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE, IGG......./0.6

what does this mean??

TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE, IGG......./0.6

what does this mean??