Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
ceoliac

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

ceoliac

I had ceoliac since i was 1 years old. As i grown up with it i learnt how to control it and what my limits are. When i was 17 i got told theres a high possibility that i couldn't conceive. And if i do theres a very high chance for my baby to have ceoliac.
Im now 6 weeks and 6days pregant today. Is this information ture? Can my midwife help me??
Thank you.
Yes, there is possibility you can pass it along to your baby.  Make sure you stay gluten free through out your pregnancy and even if you breastsfeed. It will give your baby a fighting chances.