Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
could this be celiecs? or something with the pancreas

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

hi,

for five or so years now ive had digestive problems............and the only pain would of been under right rib, and center of back.   BUUUUUT now since 4 months ago, my bodys been going nuts. Severe constipation, tight band feeling around top of abdominal,  along with stabing pains on left and right (top of abdominal)  the pain thats in the center of my back, is mostly a constant dull pain, gets worse when standing or bending over, again stronger pains to left and right ( center/mid back) have had the pain go up my sholder blades .  

2 new symtoms (symptoms) that i have never had before and only just over this 4 month period is cold legs (thighs&Knees)
and sunken eyes ( which seem to be more sunk close to the nose and dark ) the right eye seems to sink more sometimes.

over the four months ive been trying to find a diet to maybe help it,  but no doesnt matter what i eat
IVE LOST 3 STONE -

TESTs ive had -
blood tests for organ functions - 0k (dont think it includes pancreas)
diabetes - ok
abdominal ultrasound - ok
camera down throat - ok

specialists ive seen -
neurologist says it could be an inflammed nerve in the spine
gastrologist says it could be celiecs because my small intestine is sore or pancreas

can anybody shed some light?
The easiest thing to do is to go on the gluten free diet (celiac diet).   Stick to it for a few months and see what symptoms improve.   Also take a gluten free multivitamin (I know Nature Made is gluten free) when doing the diet.   And if you take other medications, check with your pharmacy to make sure they are gluten free.  Read up on the diet.  Eat proteins (not breaded), rice and potato dishes, veggies and fruits.   Beware of asian dishes - they use the soy sauce with wheat in it.

Just a thought ..... no harm in trying a diet.  
yeah ive gone gluten/lactose free for a month, havent felt any change as yet.

ive just had a berium xray of my small intestine, doctors said it looks fine the pain i get when its pressed could be crons desease.

anyway im getting a camera up the colon so they can take samples and verify if i have celiacs.............but i found out by myself that i have to stay on gluten in order for the tests to show whats happening.............doctors didnt say a thing!  cant wait till im better, hopefully never see the docotrs again!
ive got anxiety now as im worried its my pancreas!
i have all those symptoms too. i totally understand, more so cause i've been pretty much stuck in the house i've been so sick. i'm gonna have my gastro run the blood tests.
oh and if they ran blood work see if they did a amylase/ liapase. these are enzymes the pancreas produces and will give an idea if there is anything wrong with the pancreas. mine were normal. you also may want to do a ct scan just to be sure.
ive been stuck in the house too.................how long you been having my symptoms? i will be asking the doctor for them pancres bloodtests when i head up this week.
was just thinking.............ive been ill for 4 months surely if it was something as serious as the pancres they would of found out by now.