Is it Hypoxic?
My 6 year old daughter was born 4 weeks premature due to "failure to thrive", she was born with GERD and suffered from apnea and on an apnea monitor for 4 months taking Zantac and Reglan for a year. Her milestones came later than most children and at 2 was diagnosed Autistic ( I believe to be a wrong diagnosis).  Could she have suffered from Hypoxia? She is 6 years old and functioning at a lower level, will repeat Kindergarten, speech delay, memory loss. Can she be tested now so many years later for hypoxia?
I am sorry we missed this post, it would be a good idea for you to go back to the forums page and click on the right ,the expert/Doctor forums are on the right there is a childrens one to look at ..good luck
My daughter was full term when I had her, but had low birth weight. She also was diagnosed as having GERD after numerus episodes of turning purple, supposably from GERD. I am a nurse. I feel that obviously she was hypoxic if she was purple, meaning she wasn't getting enough oxygen. It was brushed off by her pediatricians as nothing. One episode was so bad, I took her to the hospital, and they tried to act like it was no big deal. I insisted tests to be done so I could find out why this was happening, she was in the hospital for 3 days. She had these episodes while we were there too and finally was diagnosed as having GERD. My daughter is now 2 and a half and showing signs of autism. It makes you wonder. I believe any lack of oxygen is going to give you some brain damage. Its a shame that now she has to pay the price, because her problem wasn't taken seriously.