Children - Special Needs Community
Lump near Spine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to learning and education, motor and movement, neurological brain injury, premature birth, sensory integration, speech and communication, and vision impairment list groups.

Lump near Spine

My daughter is 4 years old and for the most part very healthy. My husband and myself recently discovered on her back a lump about midway to lower area to the left her spine. When you press on it, she claims it doesn't hurt. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this with their child?? If so, what did it turn out to be?? I'm in the process of getting her into her Pediatrician, but Im very anxious.

Thanks for your help.
I understand your anxiety , many times thses 'lumps' turn out to be nothing, cysts and bone configuration ,be patient let them take a look I am sure your fears are unfounded but it is always best to check, good luck, let us know the results .
Thanks :). As a mother, you always fear the worse. Im gonna call her Doctor tomorrow hoping to get in very soon. I will keep you posted on what it turns out to be.
Did you find out what the lump was ?
I also just discovered this lump on my 5 year old son. It's just left of his spine, almost between his shoulder blades, and he also states that it does not hurt when pressed on. Did you get any info on your daughter? We have not seen his Dr. yet.