please help my 17 month old son is very delayed has anyone had this problem ?
My Son is 17 months old and can not pull himself into sitting can not crawl can not take any weight on his legs, he can sit up if put in the position but slumps to one side and he is about the size of a 9 month old.  He is a very happy little boy but is sounds very chesty all the time yet every doctor has said his chest is clear ! He can roll over but that is it and when you lie him on his back he looks like his upper body curves to one side and he struggles to poo by himself like he has no sensation to go but as soon as you stimulate the area he goes.  i am still awaiting a diagnosis and answers and i don't know what to do as the paeds seem to be dragging their heals with tests and help. I don't know what to do anymore.
I know how u feel im going through the same thing with my son he 18 months but acts like he only 8 months took him to his dr they did an mri of his brain still waiting for answer so i feel u
just keep pushing for answers..u must know as a parent your instincts..trust your instincts and push and push for answers..
My own son is developmentally delayed--he's 9. He had problems reaching milestones pretty much since 12months and reached almost all of them later.  Nobody wants to actually diagnose this. They would rather put it off.  My suggestion is to have him see a developmental pediatrician. Ask for a referral. Do your own research and have plenty of suggestions/questions for tests etc.  Have all your questions ready as appts with these guys are hard to come by. Good luck.