Children's Allergies Community
Baby Formula, Projectile vomiting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

Baby Formula, Projectile vomiting

My grandson age 4 month has Projectile vomiting that they say can take up to a year until the sphincter muscle starts
working. He has been on Alimentum, Neocate, and doesn't drink much of the formula my daughter has tried adding a very small amount of vanilla to help with the taste. he was put on soy and loved it but is allergic to it. Has had a GI test sees a Pediatric Gastro. MD. Has had a Doppler all is OK with his Digestive track. It's a fight trying to feed him. The Pediatrician put him on a little juice that he ***** down. that's for constipation.
Has anyone any ideas to get him to eat?

Has the GI discussed reflux at all ?  Also, the Alimentum does have trace am't of hypoallergenic caseine in it .. my son didn't get better until he was older and had no Alimentum .. his GI was amazed to see that was  his culprit because it was so so small an amount.

Those allergic to milk are oftentimes allergic to soy, too ....

I wonder if your GI will just allow the Neocate for awhile to see if that helps at all?

C~

C~
Why would you delete the word s u c k e d  from before the word down nothing vulgar about drinking the juice
I forgot about the reflux he's on one of the meds for that also they tried him on all of them I don't think they help much because after the Projectile he makes a bad face I guess it's the burning!
Just a thought, but my oldest son was severely allergic to milk ( he would stop breathing) so after the soy failed too, the pediatrician told me to start him on goat's milk...worked wonders, he kept it down, but you have to shake it like crazy (or strain it) because it's lumpy. When he turned 5 he started to dislike the taste and started getting his calcium from lettuce and other greens.
He was 2 weeks old when he started on the goat's milk.
Thank you for the information, I'll tell my daughter. That's another thing I forgot to mention
When he was born his lips would turn blue when he would be given a bottle they said he wouldn't stop drinking to take a breath so my daughter would pull the bottle out so he would take a breath it was about a week before he got the knowhow.