Children's Allergies Community
dizziness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

dizziness

hi i am 16 years old for more than two weeks from now i am feeling dizzy and its not going away, my doctor said its dehydration, i drink alot of fluids but it is not going away. Can you please suggest some home remedies. Thank you

Hi Nik98,

Tell your doctor you don't think it's dehydration as you say you drink a lot of fluids. When you say fluids, do you mean water ? If you're not drinking a lot of water, that's what you should be drinking. Dizziness can be caused from a number of things. I've heard that high blood pressure can be a factor.
Dizziness can be caused I've heard from an inner ear imbalance.
I wouldn't self diagnose at his point. Go back to your doctor and ask for a follow up visit. Have him check your ears too and take your blood pressure.
Perhaps your doctor could give you a referral to an ear, nose and throat specialist. The fact that the dizziness has been going on for more than two weeks leads me to believe this is more than just dehydration. This is not a professional medical opinion. These are some suggestions based on your comments.  I hope you feel better soon.  Eve
I think it will be best to seek a second opinion. Dizziness can be caused by a number of factor. It can be because of anemia, your eyes, a head trauma, an infection in your ears, etc. If it has been going on for weeks, then you definitely should get to the bottom of it.