Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
Are These Symptoms Related To CFS

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

Are These Symptoms Related To CFS

Hi I'm 23 years old, last night when I fell asleep i recall a sudden vivid dream and than i woke up quickly to my entire body feeling like all my nerves were tensing up in this tight/hot/tingling state, it lasted about 4 seconds than stopped. Now this is the first time this has happened, and I'm concerned. I have not been sleeping well and i may have slept 3 hours in the past 48. I think that this is related, Ive read similar posts where someone replied and said that the body releases corticosteroids and stress chemicals during times of high stress on the body.

Other symptoms Ive been experiencing, unsure if related are, occasional twitching at night. I Yawn and sneeze more than average. I some times wake up to a breathless feeling, like i couldn't take that breath. I will frequently wake up through the night, sometimes with this feeling in my head like the tense feeling you get when you yawn.

Another sensation I've been having for the past 3 months is this sudden almost jolt or hot/oozing feeling in my neck/throat area, it as all but stopped for the most recently, i though it to be pulpititions/arithmias but i went to the doctors for test and they told me my heart was beating normal.

-To note I have been drinking a lot before bed and it seems to be keeping me awake/with hot flashes

I relay think most of these are due to lack of sleep but i need professional opinions, Please and Thank you.
You are right that these symptoms can be due to lack of sleep. Another possibility which needs to be ruled out is of obstructive sleep apnea. It can also be due to parasthesia skin which is due to dysfunctioning of neurons. It can be due to diabetes, hypothyroidism, peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency, neujrological causes or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms improve. If the symptoms persist then get the above mentioned possibilities ruled out from a physician.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.