Colon Cancer Community
Anxious Teenager.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

Anxious Teenager.

When I went to the toilet this evening I had blood in toilet bowl, on the toilet paper etc. I have bouts of this before and visited my doctor, he did a physical exam and gave me a cream for hemorrhoids and fissures.

I used the cream for a week or so until the bleeding stopped.

In the last few days the bleeding has returned... To start with it was just little streaks of blood on the paper when wiping, today it was like when you hold tissue to a cut and it sort of spreads itself out over the tissue.

Other symptoms I often suffer with is being really gassy all day, passing gas a lot, which can cause mild stomach uncomfort... Having a bowel movement usually helps this (providing there's no blood, then I get stomach cramps due to anxiety).

I have read so much stuff online about this, and I told myself I wouldn't as I also have generalized anxiety, which makes me more anxious about my health than anything else. But I read on most webpages that hemmorhoids and fissures cause little streaks of blood and mild bleeding... This doesn't seem so mild.

I will be returning to my doctor on Monday when the surgery opens (today is Friday), but in the mean time I was wondering if anybody has had more extreme cases of bleeding with hemorrhoids or fissures? OR have any other ideas as to what this could be?

I'm 19, Male and (according to my wii balance board) a healthy weight for my height.
I too have bleeding, mine has been usually severe with so much blood in the toilet the water is solid red.  I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy which revealed polyps in the upper and lower intestine along with a hernia.  I also have been diagnosed with a fissure/fistula in the rectum/anal area with displasia.  I think your doctor should order these tests for you to see where the bleeding is coming from.  My treatment is a high fiber diet, plus they removed all the polyps which were also precancerous.  The trick is early detection before any cells have a chance to grow into cancer.  While the tests are uncomfortable and sometimes embarassing, it's good to know it will however save your life as most people don't do these tests and cancer is detected too late.