My mom...
My mom has had chrones for about 15years. dec 31 2011 she was hospitalized for cepsis. feb 2 2012 she was cracked open, took out 30 cm of intestines for a tumor(stage 2 colon cancer) the type she has is invasive adeno-carsanomo(sp?) she had no chymo. well almost 15mo later, no signs in her blood test. But for the past month her BMs and her farting are smelling like they did(or close to) when she had cancer. my question is after 15months what are the odds of the cancer returning. shes 52 in june and she is expecting her first grandchild. shes due for another blood test soon. i just wanna know what the odds of it returning after 15 months? please help.
She's still within surveillance window and should follow up with her oncologist. For smelly gas, take OTC digestive enzyme supplements will help.