Colon Cancer Community
what is the reason?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

what is the reason?

I'm having a lot of trouble lately with gas.it's really embarrassing, but no matter what I eat (high fiber, low fiber, healthy food, junk food) I start farting constantly.

I'm going to give  a few details that might help you, help me. The farts aren't like normal ones. They're high pressured, loud, and sound like I opened a valve to let air out. Sometimes they don't even smell; it's just air. Then I can feel my abdomen deflate.

Moreover, I always get bloated a few hours after meals. No appetite loose and no blood in the stool. No fever also.
However, a lot of undigested food in the stool. I feel gas movements localized mainly to the right part  under liver. I had liver inflammation a few months ago but now liver inflammation and enzyme levels are normal. No hepaptis.
CT scan for right part was normal also.

What may the reason for my gas and bloating problems?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Sometimes stasis of food in the intestinal tract can pave the way for accumulation of gas, bloating and undigested food. It can be due to diabetes. Diabetes can cause autonomic neuropathy and affect the digestive system, leading to problems with digestion and elimination.  Besides good glycemic control, medications such as cisapride a prokinetic agent are given to promote emptying. Begin with good lifestyle measures to control your symptoms. Exercise regularly. Take frequent small meals. Avoid those foods which are high in oil content. Eliminate alcohol, stop smoking and avoid caffeinated beverages and spicy food.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.