Dental Health Expert Forum
Dental Pain after sore throat

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Dental Pain after sore throat
I got a sore throat over 3 weeks ago. It was not strep but my doctor put me on a antibotic, just in case. Ever since, I have had pain in two of my top teeth. The front one and one in the middle. I have seen my dentist several times, and she can not find a cause for my pain. she put me on a stronger antibotic, a steriod and a mouth gard. No relief. I am in pain. I can't even eat. I just want an answer. I'm ready to just have the teeth pulled.
You may want your dentist to refer you to an endodontist or an orofacial pain specialist to see whats going on.  There are plenty of reasons for pain that aren't teeth related such as sinus infections, TMJ problems, etc.
Hopefully a thorough evaluation will produce and diagnosis and treatment.