Dental Health Expert Forum
Dental

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Dental

''I am a Heart Patient, I had triple bypass in 2000, and 2 stents put in my heart sept 25, 2013 ''I need a tooth extraction done, but I am still on Plavix and baby aspirin,  and my Dentist said I should be off Plavix and aspirin for at least a few day's before, because of bleeding, and one day after. My Cardiologist said I should take the Plavix and aspirin with out interruption ,what do you think !! Thank you !
Hard to say.  How easily do you bleed and for how long?  I would normally default to the cardiologist since they are the ones who prescribed the medication and only they should take you off of it as they see fit.  You may want your dentist to talk to your cardiologist about it and let them figure it out.