Dental Health Expert Forum
Gum Growth on side of mouth

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Gum Growth on side of mouth
My mother has a growth about he size of a marble on the side of her mouth ( between her teeth and cheek).
It is hard, like a bone. It does not hurt when touched with the tongue, but is sensitive when touched with the finger.

This  growth occurred after having she had surgery on a molar on the opposite side of her mouth. I am wondering if you can tell me what this growth may be or if it should be surgercally removed.

Thank you,
Sandrina
You would need to see a dentist or oral surgeon to determine if it requires treatment.  If its growing that fast, it may not be bone but an abscess or cellulitis in which there's an infection and its spreading into the gum/cheek area and is so swollen it feels hard.  Best to get it checked as soon as possible.