Dental Health Expert Forum
Hooked tooth roots on incisors
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hooked tooth roots on incisors

I have a rather odd dentist record and I'm only 15. My adult upper 7 and 10 incisors never grew at all and so whilst I still had my milk incisors, my dentist wanted me to have braces to fill the gaps by bringing my 6 and 11 teeth forward. He had to remove my milk 7 and 10. This was extremely painful and took a good while and force to get them out as both of them had a hook. He had been in dentistry for 20 years and said he had never seen it before. I have looked at images and mine were different as they had a full hook in an upside down U shape. I was wondering whether this is normal for milk incisors at such a degree and if it is likely that I have other teeth with hooks?

Thank you