Dental Health Expert Forum
Impacted Wisdom Tooth Symptoms?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Impacted Wisdom Tooth Symptoms?

I had braces put on back in May of 2012 when I was 18. Since then i have had my wisdom tooth cut through the gums on the top and bottom left hand side. I haven't had any symptoms that the top right hand side will be coming in soon or not but my wisdom tooth on the bottom right does cause me problems for a 1-3 weeks at a time and goes away for a while. It started giving me troubles again a couple of weeks ago but this time it also cause numbness and a tingling feeling on the right hand side of my tongue and gums along the right lower side of my mouth. I feel constant soreness and pain from the wisdom tooth but the numbness and tingling only occurs noticably when I try to eat or open my mouth more than an inch. It seems to be getting worse on a daily basis. It tends to be the worst in the morning when I wake up but I believe that could just be from clenching and grinding my teeth at night. I guess my question is, should I worry about it being an impacted wisdom tooth that could have caused an infection already?
540545_tn?1377626518
Yes you should be concerned only because a wisdom tooth can get infected and result in abscesses, etc.  I would recommend seeing a dentist or oral surgeon and finding out whats going on.  They may recommend removal of the wisdom teeth,
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank