Dental Health Expert Forum
Molar Extraction aftermath

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Molar Extraction aftermath

It has now been 5 months since I had my wisdom teeth and a couple molars taken out. After 5 months it seemed to be healing fine until a couple days ago the gum that was forming in the hole is now outside of the hole where my tooth would have been and is still connected to the inside of the hole. I'm not sure what could be going on and what I should do to stop it. Thank you for any help
I'm not completely sure what you are describing.

The tissue in the socket should be the same tissue that's growing around the outside gum area.  It needs blood and nutrients to continue to grow and heal and it definitely can't be separate from the rest of the gum tissue.  If it was, it would be dead.  

If you're concerned about it, I would suggest going back to your dentist or surgeon who removed the tooth to take a look at it.