Dental Health Expert Forum
Second Molar ( # 15 tooth ) and surrounding gum is sore

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

I had # 14 tooth extracted. The tissue around the extraction site is sore and when pressed on affects # 15 tooth. Also my cheeks pressing on Tooth # 15 made it feel sore. This has been going on for 3 months. When I chew on the opposite site of my mouth, tooth # 15 is hit and gets sore. An Endodontists said # 15 was OK and that the tissue in front of #15 tooth had been damage due to the extraction of #14. I have seen numerous dentists. Everone has a different opinion.

What is going on and who is the best to see?
Avatar dr m tn
The first thing that I would do is to take #15 of of occlusion so that you don't bite on it. I honestly don't know what the problem is. If the endodontist can't find any problem then I think that you should consult a periodontist. I don't like the fact that you cannot bite on the tooth.