Dental Health Expert Forum
Sore throat and tooth infection

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Sore throat and tooth infection

Hi, I have had a sore throat for two weeks or so and I know I had a infected tooth so I went to my dentist to confirm, It is infected. I started Erythromycin 500mg 4 times a day and my throat is still sore after a week. Is it the medicine not working? how long should it take? Also, my glands are mildly swollen and I have white spots in my throat. That is what concerns me the most is the white spots. They had been they now for a month or two. Any help or advise? Thanx!!!!
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I would suggest that you see an MD for your sore throat and an oral surgeon for the white spots on your throat.