Dental Health Expert Forum
Swelling in my cheek

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Swelling in my cheek
I got this zinging pain in the teeth on the upper right side of my face so I was taking tylenol and putting anbesol on the gum area above where it hurt. The pain dulled down but is still there so I stopped taking the tylenol and anbesol. Now my right cheek is slightly swollen and painful to the touch but the gums aren't swollen at all. I have a dentist appointment in 1 week, is this something I should be really concerned about to get it looked at before my appointment as an emergency or no?
I am very concerned about the swelling.  You should contact your dentist to get an earlier appointment.  You may need some antibiotic coverage to slow down or stop the swelling before it gets worse.