Dental Health Expert Forum
Under eye swelling after roots extracted.
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Under eye swelling after roots extracted.

Hallo,
        ln Novemder of last year l had 2 roots removed from an upper tooth, ( l think it was a molar or pre molar, the 2nd or 3rd from the end)  which the previous dentist had not told me had been left in.
During the extraction l felt that he was applying too much pressure and l felt as though my head was going to explode!.   Fortunately, l didn`t have much pain afterwards, but the next day l noticed bruising around the mouth and also the eye.  This got a lot worse over the next few days, l looked as though someone had hit me, and it took about 4 0r 5 weeks before it was completly gone.  l`ve had bruising around the mouth before, on a previous visit but never around the eye and it was quite bad.    Once it had completely dissapeared l then started to notice that there seemed to be a slight but noticeable swelling under the eye that had been bruised.  l thought it would eventually go away but it hasn`t and l am a bit aware of it.  l did see my docter, eventually, and she sent me for an xray which came back as normal,, but the equipment went around my head, though they told me it wasn`t an OPG, so l`m not sure how accurate it was.   lf you have any idea what this is and  how to get rid of it l would be extremely grateful.