Dental Health Expert Forum
Under eye swelling after roots extracted.
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Under eye swelling after roots extracted.

Hallo,
        ln Novemder of last year l had 2 roots removed from an upper tooth, ( l think it was a molar or pre molar, the 2nd or 3rd from the end)  which the previous dentist had not told me had been left in.
During the extraction l felt that he was applying too much pressure and l felt as though my head was going to explode!.   Fortunately, l didn`t have much pain afterwards, but the next day l noticed bruising around the mouth and also the eye.  This got a lot worse over the next few days, l looked as though someone had hit me, and it took about 4 0r 5 weeks before it was completly gone.  l`ve had bruising around the mouth before, on a previous visit but never around the eye and it was quite bad.    Once it had completely dissapeared l then started to notice that there seemed to be a slight but noticeable swelling under the eye that had been bruised.  l thought it would eventually go away but it hasn`t and l am a bit aware of it.  l did see my docter, eventually, and she sent me for an xray which came back as normal,, but the equipment went around my head, though they told me it wasn`t an OPG, so l`m not sure how accurate it was.   lf you have any idea what this is and  how to get rid of it l would be extremely grateful.