Dental Health Expert Forum
infammation on inside of cheeks

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

infammation on inside of cheeks

I had a swelling around where my saliva outlet is in my mouth and it looked kind of like a canker soar. My doctor Gave me something called magic mouth wash it had nystaten in it I used it and I seemed to get a reaction to it giving me a kind of rash in my mouth on both sides and around gums. I went back to the doctor.He said it was a reaction to the anesthetic in the mouth wash and gave me prednazone to get rid of it. The canker soar is going away but I still have the rash and a little swelling part. It seems to go away then it will come back usually after eating it really seams to react and flare up after I eat. I went back to the doctor and he gave me some mouth wash for fungus. The rash and the reaction to food does not seem to be going away. I do have a white yellow film on my tongue. I rinse my mouth  with peroxide and brush before sleep and in the morning the rash seems to be better and no swelling. but after eating it comes back I also seem to have very bad breath because of this. I have taken all the medication I have received from my doctor and am waiting to see what happens. early I also had white puss that could be wiped  of also but not any more and I have some dry mouth also. could this be a bad infection coming from somewhere or thrush or yeast infection? It is starting to worry me.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
My suggestion is that you either consult an oral surgeon or an oral pathologist. The last doctor can usually be located in a teaching hospital or a dental school.