Dental Health Expert Forum
problems with teeth. 22 years old and its causing sever anxiety

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

i am 22 years old male . about 5 7  125lbs. i brush my teeth everyday and floss, try to avoid sugary foods.
for some reason i am having to dump all this money on my teeth, soo stressful. i have had a few fillings as a child. then had 4 molars pulled give space for my teeth to straighten out with my braces. since then i have had 3 root canals. 1 pulled because the tooth cracked. i just had 2 wisdom teeth pulled because crowding and a huge cavity causing pain. now the 2 root canals remaining have no crowns. i was having pain in the root canal tooth and a tooth directly below it, same side of the mouth the 2 wisdoms got pulled. the cavity in the wisdom tooth was pretty bad. as of now im recovering from wisdom teeth getting pulled 2 days ago. he mentions something about one of the root canals on the right side of my mouth had something show up on the panorama exray of my mouth at the bottom of the tooth where it meets the nerve/jaw. he said he doesnt have an xray to compare it to, to see if it is something that needs to be taken care of..im guess a cavitation. but he said he needs to watch it and see if its something thats active or nothing to worry about it. anyways long story short i have had to spend alot of money on dental work and im going broke. i need a bridge or an implant on the molar pulled. i need 2 crowns on the other root canal teeth if they dont need to get pulled. im waitin for the gums to heel to see if the root canal tooth that was experiencing pain is fine or has something wrong with it needs to go too. im very depressed and want to curl up into a ball. im not sure why im having these problems but im afraid before im 25 im going to lose all my teeth. it is causing serious anxiety issues and i need serious help. my girlfriend has perfect teeth and i have been experiencing all this embarrassment and pain. why could this be happening? im afraid i have an infection in my head on top of fear of loosing all my teeth :(