Dermatology Expert Forum
Countless Bumps on head of penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Countless Bumps on head of penis

Girlfried 2 years ago told me she was diagnsed with genital warts. I was tested for everything and everything came negative. Didn't see anything unuaual until 5 months later when I saw two skin tags/warts? at circumcism line where shaft meets penis head on bottom of penis.  Didn't know if they were new or if they were always there due to uneven circumcism.  Last january I found a small round wart on shaft of penis and went to two doctors.  One said it was a wart the other said it was molluscum.  That was burned off.  Since then i found several small bumps millimeter in size and same color as surrounding skin on penis shaft. My GP always said they were molluscum.  We tried burning them off but they were very small and never grew any larger.  I'm beginning to wonder if they are natural bumps that have always been there but I never noticed before without a critical eye.  Anyways, to the crux of my questions...  Went to my GP last week for another check for warts.  She focused on the area where the skin tags were at bottom of penis where shaft meets the head.  Her conclusion was that it looked normal and I didn't have warts.  I was really happy to lear this but here's the rub...  I didn't ask her to look at the head of my penis.  I've always been more grey than pink on the head and always kind dry.  The day after seeing her, I applied St. Ives Aloe Vera which I never had before.  A few days later, I noticed countless red bumps almost rash like but bumps that could look like warts or molluscum on the head of my penis.  Some are pin sized while others are 2 or 3 millimeters in size and irrelgular is shape.  It's now has been a week since they have been there.  They were really red and swollen the first two days and seemed to ease up but still visible afterwards.  Tonight, I applied vinegar just to see if they were warts... many of them turned white but I know this is an unreliable test.  Now, it's just as red & rash like and the bumps are more pronounced.  BTW, I've noticed this before when I tried Aldera when many but not a many as now bumps have appeared.  I didn't notice these bumps before except when i was using aldera, or last week when I used St. Ives AloeVera.  At first this time I thought I might have a reaction to St. Ivers but it has been a week and the bumps are still there.  And tonight, after using vinegar, those bumps are inflamed and now just as red as last week.  
1) Do warts on head of penis turn red after taking hot showers?  

2) Does a simple skin irritation on head of penis show up as bumps on penis... I'm kind of wondering if these bumps are actually swollen glands on head of penis.

3) How long can irritation like this last before I need to see another doctor? It's been a week.

4) Also, are skin tags along circumcism line common?  Still paranoid they are warts.

5) Can molluscum appear on head of penis?

6) Does Smoking/diet really have effect on warts via immune system?  How long after quitting does immunity pick up?
I don't think you have warts or molluscum, and I'm skeptical that you ever did.  Molluscum usually affects the shaft and suprapubic areas.  Please leave the area alone and show the bumps to a doctor (the last one you saw seems to know what she's up to.)    Smoking and diet don't have any effect I know of, one way or another.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
A related discussion, rashlike bumps on penis foreskin and head was started.