Dermatology Expert Forum
Dangerous Skin Tag?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dangerous Skin Tag?

Hello,
I've had what I beleive to be a skin tag on the back of my thigh for about 3 + years.  I first noticed it when I was doing heavy amounts of body building and my legs were getting bigger.  Over time it's grown from the size of a pimple to about half an inch long.  I've been meaning to see a dermatologist to have it removed but since it's on the back of my thigh, out of sight out of mind.  Recently Ive noticed that the tip of the skin tag has become blackened and hard.  Is this due to an infection and should I be worried that this growth is not a skin tag but something worse?  It's appearance can be described as attached by a small area of skin to my thigh and the actual growth itself is skin colored, round with visable veins and the top 30% has become hard and black.  Also, it isn't painful but it can be tender/sensitive to the touch.  I will be seeing a dermatologist in the next few weeks but I'm just wondering how concerned I should be and if you've ever personally dealt with anything like this before?

Thanks!