Dermatology Expert Forum
Do I have Rosacea????
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Do I have Rosacea????

About 6 months ago I noticed what appeared to be an acne breakout on my right cheek area.  It was unusual because it was mutliple bumps ( 3-5 ) not just one and on my cheek. I was nver prone to acne even in my teen years and now only during menstrual cycles.  i tried to treat it with acne medicines.  Didn't go away - didn't get worse.  About 5 weeks later I went to a Dr for a skin rash flare up of excema.  I was given oral steriods (shot and pills) and a "desonide lotion".  The steriod shot and pills seemed to almost make it go away.  But it hasn't.  And now I would say that I have about 12 red "spots" on the cheek area.  I can;t get into a Derm before December and I am very concerned and frustrated.  

Causing more stress to the issue is that I am in a professional consulting business and am in front of clients all of the time.  I have become very self consious.  Make up tends to cover but I know it is there.

I don't know what this is.  I ensure that I wear 15spf all of the time , my makeup even is 15spf.  I rarely consume alcohol. I will enjoy spicy foods maybe once a week.  Chocolate is rare.

How can I know that this is or isn't Roseaca so that I can begin to treat it before I get to the Derm in December?  I do not want this to get worse, of course.

Also I just bought a facial treatment called "Protient Actif Pur" by ROC.  This was not bought for the cheek problem - but will it hurt or help?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.