Dermatology Expert Forum
Itchy, painful small bumps on bottom of foot.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Hello Doc,
Three days ago I noticed a small patch (dime sized) of little bumps on my foot, maybe 15 or so small little bumps in the dime sized area.They are on the arch of my foot,are itchy and painful when pressure is applied- this makes walking more uncomfortable.

I have had athletes foot before- but this appears different from previous infections. I have also been treating the area for 3 days with Terbinafine lotion, and the area of bumps has now grown to the size of a half dollar, and the area in the middle is very red and tender.

Is it ringworm?  or something else?  I have some pretty decent photos too.
Thanks,
Footie
Could be dyshidrotic eczema (a form of irritation, not fungal.)  I'd continue the terbinafine for another few days, and if that doesn't help try some 1% hydrocortisone (over-the-counter) and arrange to have a doctor take a look.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, painful and itchy growing lumps on the bottom of the foot was started.