Dermatology Expert Forum
Rash between rectum and scrotum
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Rash between rectum and scrotum

I have been battling a rash that appeared about a year ago.  It developed in the area between the base of my scrotum and a rectal area.  It starts as 2 or 3 small red bumps that itch, especialy when I sweat.  Though my own scratching or irritation by my underwear, they develop into open sores.  The rash comes and goes, it usally scabs over after I attack it for a few weeks with triple antibiotic ointment or hydrocotisone.  I thought at first it was jock itch, but I tried one of the over the counter cremes (tinactin) and it made the area very raw and even more uncomfortable.  I have been checked for the usual STD's, and have not been diagnosed.  I did notice that a few months ago, I was taking a antibiotic (Biaxin) for a resperatory infection, and the rash healed completely within 4 or 5 days.  I thought it was gone until it reapeared a week or so later.  The rash has never gone out of this area, it always stays in this 1.5 inch square area.  I seem to have noticed its arrival when I started to have some severe intestinal problems, causing diarrea (diarrhea) for days at a time.  I dont know if it related to this, I just remember thinking that it had irritated the area and made it raw from stomach acid.  Sometimes the outbreak lasts only a few days, sometimes it lasts for a month or more.