Dermatology Expert Forum
Rash in Genital area
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Rash in Genital area

Sept 17 2005   One week ago ,After spending the day doing housework, after showering I noticed spots of blood on my underware. My testicals had some black spots on them ,and there also was spots that were bleeding.I cleaned the area, applied Bacitracin ointment. Sevaral days later, this developed into an itchy rash, on the testicals ,and in the crotch area. I went to my Family Doctor ,he diagnosed it as a fungus and gave me a topical powder Nystatin.  This made it worst, Now I Had swelling and a severe Red rash which was also leaking . He then prescribed a anti- fungal medication called Fluconazole 100 MG.and a cream Ketonazole. He also said it was OK to wash the area with a Anti Bacterial soap (Dial).The leakage has stopped, but the itching and the rash is still there. I get some relief when I take a bath and clean the area ,and soak. I have had fungus type infections in this area before,and my usual remedy is to use A cold compess using Domboro,followed up by applying Lotromin cream. I tried this first before consulting the Doctor. Am I dealing with an infection that is not fungal in nature? In June ,I had A carotid Artery  operation,which included taking a piece of vein from my left anckle.My neck healed fine ,but I had several bouts with infections at my ancle site.This also included several contact tpe skin rashes,which was resolved with Triamcinolon. My Doctor had given me an Anti biotic ,Cephalexin,this wasjuly 25,2005.I would appreciate your opinion. Thanks Ken