Dermatology Expert Forum
Red bump on back of head

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red bump on back of head
I have a red bump that appeared out of nowhere on the back of my head. By head I mean my real head on top of my shoulders. It started out like a pimple, but now it is big like a wart. I have had it for a few months and it is freaking me out. About 2 years ago I got melanoma from a mole on my chest. I had 2 surgeries and have been ok since. Could this be related? I am really worried because I don't have any health insurance right now.
First of all, it sounds like you have a cyst, not a melanoma.  Second, if you are worried that you might have a life-threatening condition, would you really want to not find out because you'd have to pay for an office visit?

For peace of mind, if not more, please have yourself checked out.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, Red bump on top on head. was started.