Dermatology Expert Forum
Red dots on skin
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Red dots on skin

About two months ago I began to notice pin point ( and some a bit larger) red spots on my body.  They are not in the form of a rash and do not itch etc.  They are not in any specific area either.  Some are on my arms, legs, breasts etc.  My Dr. looked at them and said they just come with age but the nurse at my school said it looked like petechiea to her but not serious.  My mother who was a nurse for 40+ yrs said no way was it petechiea.  She said if it was there would be no question, it would be very pronounced.  I have had a CBC and a coagulation done just to calm my nerves and everything came back normal.  Just before the dots came I was taking Macrobid for a UTI and now I have reads tons of negative things about that drug including that it can cause petechia.  Should I see a dermatologist?  I also have anxiety.  can anxiety cause these dots.  Some are fading in time.  Please help!!! Lisa