Dermatology Expert Forum
Scar like growths in foreskin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Scar like growths in foreskin
I am a circumcised 35 yr old man.  I developed a rash on my penis around three months ago that was red and sore.  I saw a dermatologist who diagnosed candidosis?  He prescribed alconazale cream and polysporin.  The redness/soreness cleared up quickly but as it went away I began developing squiggly white/skin colored tissue under the foreskin.  It is painless but does itch a little.  It looks like very thin scar tissue in squiggly patterns and seems to be working its way around the foreskin area only.  It is very disturbing.  

I have researched std's and don't recognize this condition and I am also in a monogomous relationship for over 15 years.  Do you know what this could be?
I don't recognize it either.  I'm guessing that these changes were there before but you didn't look carefully until you had the rash.  I know you wrote that the changes seem to be extending around the foreskin, but I don't know of any skin conditions that sound like this.  Certainly whatever this is is not a co sequence of yeast, which doesn't change the skin in any permanent way. I'm confident you don't have anything serious, but you will need to show the problem to a doctor, presumably the one who treated the candida (yeast.)

Best.

Dr. Rockoff