Dermatology Expert Forum
Small mole like growth on forearm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Small mole like growth on forearm
I'm a 54 year old male.  Back in June I discovered a small growth (dia=2.5 mm) on the sun-exposed side of one forearm.  Mostly uniform and round.  Very slightly raised.  Had it NOT been slightly raised I would not have noticed it at all.  Based on feeling it on my arm, I believe it was not always there.  I could be wrong but I doubt that.  When first noticed it was colored uniform, medium brown.  After modest (compulsive) rubbing and picking at it over a few days it simply fell off without bleeding or showing remnant signs of any wound.  Instead, it left smooth skin behind.  I then believed it to have just been a small scab from some injury of unknown cause.  However, that was proved false when, in August, it came back looking precisely as it did before, same size, same color.  As before, with modest cajoling, it also fell off and is now, in October, coming back again, at this point without color.  My guess is if left long enough it will likely turn brown again.  Sorry I can't get a better picture but this was the best I could do.  I believe that the small, brown colored areas to the lower left and lower right of the growth are unrelated.  Your thoughts on what this might be??  Thanks for your help...  

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n208/diitto/VideoSnapshot.jpg
Doesn't look like much to me.  New things develop on people all the time, without their necessarily meaning anything.  Please leave it alone and show it to a doctor so you can presumably find out that it has no significance and can be left alone.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff