Dermatology Expert Forum
Why do I develop red pimples or folliculitis after sex?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Why do I develop red pimples or folliculitis after sex?

This is the third time the problem has occurred. After hours of fairly intense sexual activity I have developed a red raised node similar to a pimple at the top base of my penis. (In the pubic hair growth along the edge)

The first time it resolved itself after a few days.  About 2 years later, same circumstances, a day or two after sex another forms. I cleaned it thoroughly and am normally very hygenic anyway. Applied an antibiotic ointment daily. After a month of no improvement saw my doctor who removed it surgically. He said at the stage it was in it was doubtful it would have healed.

Pathology returned a follicular skin infection diagnosis.

Cut to today, after hours of intense sex I have developed a red pimple like node in the same place. This showed approximately 36 hours after the sexual event. So what gives???  I get out of bed and check my penis for color and geographical landmarks. What are these, or, what is the best source to determine what they are, why I get them repeatedly and how to resolve this?? What woulb a good broad spectrum antibiotic choice to carry for this? Cephalexin?

I travel extensivley and internationally. I prefer to carry some US meds along.  Any advice or answers?