Dermatology Expert Forum
chicken neck skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

chicken neck skin
i went to a dr.to see about my neck that is red all the time and was told i have what is called chicken neck skin and there is no cure.what is this and will it get worse? the redness is on my neck and starting to go down my chest.
There really isn;t any tretament for this, although lasers can help the redness a bit, if not the texture.  It may worsen over time, but slowly.  I would recommend minimizing sun exposure, to slow progression.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, chickenneck is also a registered trade name in the state of ohio was started.