Dermatology Expert Forum
irritation on tip of penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

irritation on tip of penis

i have had this redness on the tip of my penis for a while now. i have been to the local clinic and have been tested for stds and the test came back negative. Than the doctor told me it was a yeast infection and prescribe some antifugal cream. I tried using that for a couple months and no change, so i don't think it is a fungus and i went back again to see the doctor and he could not tell me what the problem was. He recomended going to a skin specialist, but is hard to get in. I was wondering if you could give me some advice. It is red on the tip of the penis and looks kind of irritated or  swollen on  the top half of the tip. It does not hurt or itch at all, no discharge and doesn't hurt to urinate. The antifugal cream is not helping after using it for a while now and sometimes makes it red than usual. I think if it was a fungus the cream would have helped by now. Would be great if you could give me some advice. thanks
Tags: irritable
I doubt there is anything wrong with you at all.  Penile skin is thin and sensitive, ad even a little irritation can leave the skin looking red for some time.  I advise you to leave it alone, ignore it, and show it to a skin specalist when you get the appointment so you can forget about it.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff