Dermatology Expert Forum
moles
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

moles

Hi, thank you for taking time to answer my question.  I am 25 with blonde hair and fair skin. I have a history of tanning in tanning beds. I tend to burn but then I develop a tan.  My question is this, I have had several moles come up within the last 2 or 3 years. One is on my back and is flat and dark brown,it is not very big. This mole almost looks like the lighter freckles that I have on my shoulders but it is considerably darker. Another mole is right at my pantyline and is also flat. It is ligt brown with some whiter areas in it. These moles do not bleed or itch, however I have noticed that if I rub on them I see some scaling come off. To the best of my knowledge these moles have not grown or gotten any darker. I am concerned about melanoma and I am very nervous.  I have an appointment with a dermatologist in a couple of months but I don't know if I can wait till then. Any advice would help. Thank you.