Dermatology Expert Forum
persistent circular rash
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

persistent circular rash

In March (2003) I developed  a blotchy red patch on my left shoulder, was prescribed an anti-inflammatory creme..it was found to be non-fungal. It didn't work, I was prescribed a stronger creme, the rash began to spread..through the last 4 months I have been prescribed Elocon, Loprox, Ultravate, Diprolene and Topicort. None have helped and now the rash is all over my left shoulder down to my elbow, and covering most of my back. It begins as a small, itchy red mark about the size of a dime and spreads, as it becomes larger, it becomes skin colored in the center with just a raised red ring about 2 inches in diameter..the rings come together to form a pattern- so they all begin to connect.I have had 2 biopsies and the first was said to be nummular eczema..I should be getting the results from the 2nd tomorrow. My doctor seems baffled. Any ideas on what would work to clear this up? I also have ulcerative colitis and I'm on 2 meds for that- Colazal (started in March 2002) and Purinethol (started in mid-April 2003)..I don't know if the rash is a reaction to that...any help you can give would be appreciated..I'm so uncomfortable and embarassed to wear short sleeve shirts now because my rash is peeking from under my sleeve.