Dermatology Expert Forum
pimples on four-year-old

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

pimples on four-year-old
My four-year-old son broke out with a pimple-like rash. I thought it was chickenpox and went to the doctor to have it confirmed. The nurse/practioner said she didn't think it was chickenpox because the pimples weren't filled with pus. She told me to watch for that. Two days later, he's getting more of the pimples and the older ones are still not filled with pus. What could this be? He has several of them on each of his body parts: arms, back, buttocks, legs, stomach, neck, face, etc...
Angie:

Sounds like a viral rash of some sort.  I'd show them to the doctor or nurse again.  It may not matter which virus it is, because these sorts of rashes usually go away on their own.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, pimplevirus on my 2 year old was started.