Dermatology Expert Forum
red sore on my left butt cheek
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

red sore on my left butt cheek

I am completely puzzled about a sore that has appeared on my left butt.  It is red and tender to the touch, and radiates from a hard raised sore - like having a small bump or hill that is round and about the size of a quarter.  At the center of the quarter is something odd - like as if I have been bitten but I really don't recall a bite.  It feels, swollen, and warm, but it does not bleed (but surely if I scratched it enough i could make it bleed, but I think that's true anywhere on the skin - you could scratch until it bleeds.  The radius of the sore, red area is about two inches.  I have no other rashes, bumps, of any kind on my body.  
I am 36 and have no health problems.  I am at MOST 15 pounds overweight.  I have never had a weight problem. I am 5'8", 155, and medium build, female.  I am not sexually active because I am temporarily geographically separated from my boyfriend (not emotionally apart from him!). I am sure that it could not be an STD.
The sore is towards the top half of my buttock.  It does not hurt to go to the bathroom in anyway, and I recall having a little diarrhea about a week before the problem arose, but it was nothing excessive, and I associated it with eating WAY too many onions on a pizza! :-)
I hope this is enough information.  I at a loss at what else to write that might be helpful.
Thank you!
GraySkies