Eating Disorders Community
Choking on Food and spitting phlegm. HELP me please.

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

I have had this problem for awhile but it seems to linger now. But the problem is sometimes when I eat, I feel like the food gets stuck at the base of my throat. I start to hack up phlegm and try to make myself throw it up. I also will get chest pains from it. Once it starts, it stays with me for a couple hours. The other day it became so bad I went to the quick care hospital, they recommended me to a GI. I have to wait until June 28th to get checked but I want some sort of answer as to what is happening sooner then that. Or at least something to prepare me for what might be the problem. I have been eating nothing but Klondike bars, and chips that i chew until its mush. I try to eat a meal but then I get that feeling again and stop before it gets worse. So please, help me find out whats wrong.