Eating Disorders Community
Help me beat anorexia

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Help me beat anorexia

I feel like a complete **** up for years I felt ****** because of my weight and I'm so sick and tired and just to weak to go on because I have anorexia and used to have bulimia I have become addicted to drugs to loose weight faster ill do anything to loose weight like I've been in hospitals for over doses 3 rehabs 12 outpatient program and arrested 5 times was put in drug court for 10 months and I'm finally clean ! It makes me happy just this disorder I feel like it will only end in death for me because I push my limits farther than others dream of I want to stop I need to my phycitrist wants me to get help and go to the doctor but my family's extremely complicated an if they ever found out I would be like a dog that talks any advise I would live please because I'm only 18 I don't want to die yet

This discussion is related to How do I stop being anorexic and bulimic without seeing a doctor I'm still only young and Im scared..
Tags: anorexia, STARVING, help, What do I DO, My secrets are killing me
Hi!
I am really sorry to hear what you are going through. You do have an eating disorder. However, you could also be having problems other than eating disorder like anemia, diabetes, and hypothyroidism. Get this ruled out. To be able to complete any programs that will help you lose weight and overcome this vicious cycle of anorexia and bulima would need lots of patience and faith. Apart from seeing your therapist and learning behavior techniques to overcome these problems you could also do yoga to strengthen your mind. Also, if you cannot involve your family, maybe you could involve your psychiatrist, college/school counselor or some family friend. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.