Eating Disorders Community
When will the medical profession have a cure for BED yet?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

I am a 41 year old mum with 2 DS and DH. I have been suffering from Binge Eating Disorder since I was a primary school, probably around the age of 8 or 9 from looking at photos. I was a plump child and my mum put me on my first diet at 14 and I think there lies the problem! I have been on WW, SW and a few other faddy type diets and not unsurprisingly I gained weight after each of these failed. I am now about 3-4 stone overweight and have just totally given up on trying to actually lose weight, at the moment I would just be happy not putting any more on. Above all and even above the weight and body image issues, I would just like to be able to stop Binge Eating as it is seriously f**king up my life and getting in the way of work and family life. I binge eat almost every day at the moment and the emotional and financial impact is becoming serious now not to mention the health implications. Thankfully, I am no longer bulimic, so that is indeed a victory but I am still left with the Binge Eating Disorder (BED). I have decided to blog about my day to day musings and struggles with BED on my website http://www.bingeeatingmum.org.uk so please have a look and see what you think. I'll probably sound absolutely bonkers, streaming my consciousness onto the blog page but it is very cathartic and maybe just one person can relate to it and feel not quite so isolated and 'freakish'  
Love to everybody suffering out there
xxx :-)
Hi Welcome to Med Help ..It is indeed a victory to not be bulimic ,maybe you have to ask why you binge, does it make you feel good, if not determine you will not do it, maybe eat small meals a few times a day ..What is it you binge on, perhaps another idea would be to get food in the house you can eat a lot of ...lie a ton of greens and fruits ..I will take a look at your blog..