Eating Disorders Community
eating disorder coming back so sad

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

eating disorder coming back so sad

I had eating disorders anorixia , in hopsital treatment for 6 years , 3 inpatient and 2 daypatient, then out, i so found it hard to get better but have been now for 7 years well, now work in mental health but sadly since the earthquakes in my city with sewage around I have relasped, i have tried to get well but sadly not happening, told its understandable, Gp refered me to hospital again, but love my work etc and dont have time to be sick,  tried to do this alone, all i need is a site that i can talk on,share and not feel alone, is this possible, not sure , i was told by GP at least i am not fading away , so true but it then gave me determination as then I felt well I must be fat, my head is talking again to me
Hi!

A positive frame of mind is very important for treatment, and you appear to have it. If you have the will, you'll find the way. Join support groups to keep yourself motivated, especially since you do not want to be hospitalized. You can find these support groups online and also in your area. Take up yoga for that will help you. Join any good center in your area. Apart from this, you need proper treatment without which success is not possible. The treatment involves various types of behavior therapies, nutritional guidance, medications, and exercise and yoga. Please consult a good psychologist/psychiatrist who specializes in eating disorders. Take care!