Eye Care Expert Forum
Bubble in my Iris
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bubble in my Iris

Hello Doctor,

My eyes normally get red around finals time because of lack of sleep and wearing contacts for too long. So I did away with the contacts wearing glasses only for a couple weeks and tried to get more sleep. My eyes seemed to be returning to normal until I found that one of my eyes developed what looked to be a bubble on my iris. It looks like air got trapped under a layer in my eye or something. I'm not really sure what to call it or how serious it can be. Also, my eye is red in the surrounding area of the bubble. It's not very large, and in a oval rather than circular fashion. It doesn't affect my vision, however it is itchy and bugs me sometimes when I blink. I end up waking up with very teary eyes. What could be the problem and how serious is this? Should I go see an ophthalmologist or is there any sort of over the counter medicine/drops I could use to alleviate the symptoms and pain? Is there anything I can do at all or is it just a waiting process? Please let me know. Thank you.
Tags: iris, air bubble, redness, itching and discha