Eye Care Expert Forum
Chronic Iritis
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chronic Iritis

I was diagnosed with Iritis about  a year ago and have been seeing a opthamologist since then. I have been perscribed prednisolone drops and even had a steoid injection to try to rid the iritis. I was cleared of the iritis a few weeks ago and stopped the drops, but it has now returned again. In the itermin, I have deveoped a mild cataract and I'm really not too happy about that as I have always had 20/20 vision. I have had blood tests to check for the common causes of Iritis with normal results. I had a chest xray which was normal too. I have been told by my Dr. that there are cases of chronic Iritis which can last for a very long time. Is there any other treatment available for this?
Related Discussions
  • Iritis (1 replies):
    So for a few years now i had experienced a few episodes ...[more]
  • Iritis (1 replies):
    one year ago I had the problem of iritis in my left then...[more]
  • Iritis (3 replies):
    Can Iritis cause blindess after time?
  • iritis floaters (1 replies):
    I had severe iritis 4+ in my right eye about 2 years ago...[more]
  • specialist?
    I suffer from iritis and my opthalmologist had all the i...[more]
It would be great if a diagnosis could be made.  Perhaps there a few more tests that might be able to be done to try to find the answer.  Sometimes patients can be controlled on non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drops like xibrom or acular and sometimes oral medications can be helpful - unfortunately that often involves oral steroids.  Usually the steroids used for chronic uveitis are a necessary evil and better than the severe, permanant damage that can occur with long term uncontrolled uveitis.  If you are unsatisfied with your options then consider seeing a uveitis specialist. Go to www.aao.org and use the find an eyemd search feature on the upper right of the homepage. Put is uveitis as the specialty and look in your area.

Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
Doreen Fazio, M.D.Blank
Amerisight Institute and Valley Eye Center
Van Nuys, CA
Timothy D McGarity, M.D.Blank
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D. P.C.
Columbia, MO
Ray T Oyakawa, MDBlank
Sharper Vision Centers
Torrance, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank